Naturally Healthy Children
“We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors; we borrow it from our children”
– Chief Seattle
Raising a naturally healthy family is a commitment. But the rewards are immeasurable. The healthier our children are today, the more likely they will be able to care for themselves and our environment in the future.
Would you like to:
- Give your children natural, safe treatments for acute or chronic health problems
- Know when and how to safely use herbal medicine to treat common imbalances
- Learn nutritional guidance for optimal wellness for your children and your whole family
- Understand your child’s unique self and how you can best support their health
My work in the area of children’s health first arose simply from being a mother and using natural medicine on my family. I was curious about the positive role fevers play, how to treat my daughter’s eczema and my son’s stomach flu at-home, naturally. I have come to see more and more children in my practice for everything from teething to allergies and I love working with little ones and their families!
I use a very gentle Japanese method for pediatric patients called Sho-Ni-Shin, which literally translates as sho “little”, ni “children”, and shin “needle” even though no needles are typically used and nothing penetrates the skin. This technique is used on infants and children up to age seven. Sho-Ni-Shin uses small tools to brush the channels on the body and stimulate acupuncture points to bring balance to your child’s body. It is non-invasive and painless. It is useful for many conditions such as:
- Common colds, flus, fever and sore throat
- Weakened immunity
- Insomnia, stress and anxiety
- Digestive imbalances, such as diarrhea and constipation
- Allergies, eczema
- Ear infections
I also employ safe and gentle herbal medicine specific for children and their taste buds 😉 and give dietary and lifestyle guidance. Older children often benefit from short and gentle acupuncture treatments, if desired.
Not sure if this is right for your child? Contact us for a free ten minute consultation.