stress, anxiety/depression, insomnia
A natural approach to anxiety, depression and insomnia
This trio affects all of us at some points in our lives and some of us daily. While there is no magic pill that will completely erase stress, anxiety/depression or insomnia, acupuncture and Ayurveda offer a plethora of safe, natural treatments and tools to handle these conditions.
According to the National Institute of Mental Health, 16. 2 million adults experienced a major depressive disorder in 2017. This statistic is only what has been reported….. Pharmaceuticals are the typical line of treatment with a host of unwanted side effects. Acupuncture and herbs along with dietary and lifestyle changes offer safe and effective alternatives.
- Acupuncture alone can profoundly relax the nervous system, while increasing the flow of energy (Qi) in the body and balance the internal organs at the root of these conditions (often Liver, Heart, Kidney, Spleen).
- Herbs from Traditional Chinese medicine can deeply nourish these organs and help to move Qi
- Other herbs (most notably called adaptogens in Western herbal medicine) help our bodies adapt to non-specific stress so we can handle stressful situations better. And many herbs from around the globe can help calm our bodies and minds to sleep better at night.
- Dietary changes can improve sleep quality and minimize insomnia.
- Lifestyle changes also help us cope better with stress, anxiety/depression and insomnia.
- Yoga therapy is a fantastic tool for people to practice at home to help with work with these conditions regularly to lessen the intensity of anxiety and depression, reduce stress and induce sound sleep.