Castor oil has many healing properties. It has the ability to break up stagnation and move blood in the female reproductive area, soften masses and prevent the build up of excess endometrial tissue, increase circulation, reduce inflammation, and restore normal periods. I recommend using packs for a variety of gynecological issues including:
- Ovarian cysts
- Uterine fibroids
- Menstrual cramps
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- Pure castor oil (can be purchased at any natural foods store or on-line)
- Wool flannel
- Reusable hot water bottle
- Plastic bag
- Old washcloths that can get oily
HOW TO DO A CASTOR OIL PACK ON YOUR LOWER ABDOMEN
- Find a time when you can relax in a comfortable chair, sofa or bed, i.e.: read a book, watch TV, knit or do some other sedentary activity.
- Fold or cut a piece of the wool flannel the size of your lower abdominal area, (generally from below your belly button to the top of your pubic bone and about 6 inches sideways in both directions).
- Massage warm castor oil onto this part of your body. Make sure to fully oil your abdomen, but it doesn’t need to be dripping with oil. Follow a clockwise direction; start in the lower right quadrant, moving up the body, left across the abdomen, down the lower left side and right across the lower abdomen.
- Place the wool flannel on top of the oiled area.
- Place the plastic bag over the wool flannel and put the hot water bottle (full of hot water) on top of that. Place the old washcloth on top of everything to protect your clothes from the oil.
- Relax for about an hour.
- Do NOT use during your period
- Do NOT use if you are pregnant
- Do NOT use during an acute illness
- Use from the time your period ends until it begins
- For severe pain use daily for 30-60 days, except during menstruation
- For moderate pain use every other day for 30-60 days, except during menstruation
- For mild pain use 2-3 times a week for 30 days, except during menstruation
- You can reduce the frequency of packs once symptoms begin to improve and then just use once or twice a month to maintain the results.
NOTE: The period immediately following use may be heavier and more painful than your typical periods due to clearing, softening and dissolving stagnation from the reproductive area. This is a very common response. Each subsequent period should be improved.